Monday, June 20, 2011

father's day, 2011

In honor of the amazing fathers in my life.

Dad, always remember: YOU'RE the greatest. So many lessons, so many moments, so much to be thankful for as your daughter. Mostly, my heart is filled with gratitude because you have always been there. Always. I love you, Dad.


Papa, como te quiero. Lo que tengo de ti: una natural curiosidad por como funciona este mundo increible, una fascinacion con el cosmos, un espiritu que busca la aventura, y un muy buen sentido del humor. Siempre pensando en ti, y mandandote todo el amor en mi corazon. 


Father-in-law, thank your for welcoming me into your family from the very first moment. To your son, you have passed on your natural ability to love openly and generously, and for that I am very thankful. I love you, Bob.


To my incredible Grandpa Bill: you have so wholeheartedly, and beautifully, been a grandpa to me. You are the gold standard as far as grandfathers are concerned. I love, admire, and respect you to the ends of the earth. At almost ninety-five years old, you are still the sharpest mind I have ever known. I love you, Grandpa. 


And, finally, to my sweet husband. I know we're going to get there, and when we do, you are going to rock the father role. I've been watching you over the years, and you, you are going to be one amazing parent. Our future kids are so lucky to have you. Here is what I hope they inherit from you: your Irish good looks, your nerdy love of reading, your love of a good adventure, your joy for life, your love of running, your easy way with kids and dogs, your poet's heart, your goofiness, your quiet strength, your fine mind, and your ability to love, love, love. I love you.


Happy Father's Day to these men, to all my friends who are fathers, and to the men who are like fathers  to the children in their lives. You are all amazing, and we are all so grateful. 

3 comments:

  1. Cute post and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous27.6.11

    I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!! I HAD WRITTEN A LARGE POST BUT HECK I DON´T KNOW WHY IT DOES NOT LET ME DO IT. 1BSOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27.6.11

    ¡UHHHH QUE LA....!!!! BUENO TE DECÍA QUE ¡QUÉ BONITOS PENSAMIENTOS!!!!!!!! Y ¡SENTIMIENTOS!!!! Y QUE SÍN ÉSTOS ÚLTIMOS, LOS PRIMEROS SERÍAN TOTALMENTE HUECOS... Y QUE TE QUIERO Y TE ADORO DESDE EL PRIMER MOMENTO QUE TE VÍ, AUNQUE HAYAS DECIDIDO NACER JUSTO EN EL MOMENTO EN QUE -DESPUÉZ DE HABER ESTADO ESPERANDOTE POR HORAS- NOS SALIMOS A COMER CON TÚ ABUELA JOSEFINA...1BSOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOOOOOOOOO T

    ReplyDelete

Love this post? Hate it? Leave a comment. I like to hear what you think.