Saturday, November 10, 2012

twins for a month: twenty-nine

It's time for this year's Twins for a Month! Because my sister and I are a mere eleven months apart, every year, from November 10 (her birthday) to December 6 (my birthday), we get to be twins for a month.  I love my sister, my first friend. She is a rare beauty, with porcelain skin, cheek bones to die for, big brown eyes, and glossy chestnut hair. She is kind, and patient, and really, really funny (ask her to do her stand-up routine for you sometime). I love that we have now celebrated nearly three decades worth of birthdays together. This sister of mine, with whom I have shared so much.

Mel, may 29 be an awesome year for you (and I am thinking it will be!). May you be blessed with much love, plenty of time in the company of your family and friends, a little adventure, and all the joy your heart can hold. I love you. Here's to you on your 29th birthday.

Now, to the fort! (Alex built an awesome birthday fort, in which we will eat pizza, play board games, and watch movies tonight).







No comments:

Post a Comment

Love this post? Hate it? Leave a comment. I like to hear what you think.