Tuesday, January 28, 2014

30th birthday highlights

A year late, but here they are. The highlights of my thirtieth birthday celebrations:


Starting from the top left: running the Reindeer Run around Lake Harriet with good friends, the weekend before my birthday; free birthday week car wash at the fabulous Downtowner in St. Paul; waking up at 5:30 am on the morning of my thirtieth birthday for a reflective, soul-refreshing walk around Lake of the Isles; tucking into a calorie-rich dessert at Pizzeria Lola at my birthday dinner with Kevin; birthday cupcakes with Kevin and my sister and Alex on the morning of my birthday; birthday decorations on my birthday morning; accidental rainbow outfit worn out and about on my birthday; picking out my birthday gift - a kitchen appliance! - with Kevin at Macy's; the winter wonderland Kevin lovingly created for my birthday party; birthday cocktails and karaoke with Kev, Mel, and Alex at El Mariachi in Minneapolis; a totally sober Melissa having a blast at El Mariachi (my sister is awesome); birthday balloon photo shoot; post-drinks dance party in the basement; birthday popcorn - my favorite food group! - from a dear friend; birthday party photo booth; gorgeous ombre birthday cake; drinks with my sister (hers was nonalcoholic, as she was about 4 months pregnant at the time); awesome work friends at my party; with my gorgeous friends, Katy and Adri; Kevin and the boys, Chad and Barry; group shot 1; group shot 2; hamming it up with the awesome giant number balloons; Alex rocking out with Lola; birthday song! 

A wonderful way to enter my thirties! Thirty was a complicated, difficult, wonderful, transformative, healing, emotional, and exciting year for me. I already love this decade, and I know that becoming a mama this year is only going to make it even more complicated/exciting/emotional and AWESOME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love this post? Hate it? Leave a comment. I like to hear what you think.