Sunday, June 26, 2011

gnomes

Growing up my dad read to us girls from a book about gnomes (which has since gone out of print), and thus set in motion a lifelong sentimental fascination in his children, with all things gnomey. I have, of course, previously introduced you to our resident garden gnome, Sir Ian McGnomey. I have purchased gnome soap and gnome magnets, and, if I had ninety dollars to spend on something totally unnecessary, I would consider buying this collection of tiny custom gnome figurines (found on Etsy, of course).



I've had this book of gnome crafts on my Amazon wishlist for a while. And, let's just go ahead and get this seed planted in my husband's head for some Halloween far down the road.


If, for some reason, I can't convince Kevin that dressing up as a gnome family would be great fun, at the very least I am sure I can convince him that we need a gnome baby


And then there's this - the life of a lonely city gnome, as recorded on Tumblr. 

Hmm.

1 comment:

  1. Is it Norway that is obsessed with gnomes? What a fun fascination to grow up with. I think I'm now obsessed with those adorable woodland shoes on Baby Gnome up there...

    ReplyDelete

Love this post? Hate it? Leave a comment. I like to hear what you think.