Monday, August 15, 2011

five years

Happy 5th wedding anniversary to my love. 


When I listen to this song, my heart swells with all the love that I hold in my heart for you, for us, and for our life together. Thank you for always making me feel like this:


There were days, in our early years, when I didn't know if we were going to make it. There were times when I doubted if we had what it took to make it through a lifetime together, to survive what can be the unbearable pressure of the daily routine. When I look at the photos from our wedding day, I am overcome with emotion at the naivety and simple enthusiasm with which we were entering marriage.



August 12, 2006


We were armed with little more than a somewhat bewildering mutual understanding that we were meant to share our lives together, and a sweet and slightly deluded blind faith in an institution of we which we had so little understanding. And yet, here we are. We are still together - having survived partially on that naive hope and enthusiasm with which we started out, and having gutted it out through our fair share of heart-wrenching mistakes. We are more in love with each other than ever before, which is a beautiful and hard-earned gift.


I am thankful - for each day, for each year that I have gotten to share with you. My heart delights in the sense of security and peace that I feel in my core when I think of us, and of what we are building together. I value, above everything else in my life, what exists between us, and I promise all over again to love you forever.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Tammy. Beautiful. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily16.8.11

    Your renewal ceremony was beautiful this evening! Thanks for including us, and congrats! Sorry Henry cried through most of it... yikes! I guess I can't count on him sitting still anywhere for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jess! Em, thank you, friend. We loved having everyone there, a crying Henry included! We love our friends kids, and it was lovely to have them share in the celebration with us.

    Julia, thank you! We need to get dinner club rolling again for this fall!

    ReplyDelete

Love this post? Hate it? Leave a comment. I like to hear what you think.