Tuesday, December 6, 2011

birthday morning

I am twenty-nine today. It came fast. Now that it's here I am determined to embrace the last year of my twenties and prepare for a graceful (I hope) entry into my thirties.

It is a beautiful snowy morning, and I am feeling thankful and reflective. I decided to do some writing this morning (it's a school day, so I don't go into work today) to start my birthday off with a bit of quiet reflection on the past year, and to set some goals for the coming year. Its been lovely to sit in our guest room/office this morning and write with the snow falling outside. I think this might become a birthday tradition. 

I woke up this morning to the traditional chai latte and cupcake breakfast that my loving husband wakes up at the crack of dawn to procure on my birthday mornings (and which I look forward to all year long), and a sweet little whale ornament. I'm excited about the day of celebrating ahead of me - class (okay, that's not celebrating, but it's part of my day), yoga, a manicure, buying some new tights to wear to my birthday dinner tonight, a snowy walk with Lola, lots of sweet phone calls/texts/emails/messages from the people I love, dinner with Kevin, and cake and wine, of course. I love birthdays. 







1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday my friend. I had wanted to stop by your house after work to drop off a card, but I was there longer than expected. I'll drop it off tomorrow! Hope you are having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Love this post? Hate it? Leave a comment. I like to hear what you think.